How to Get a Card
Resident Registration Requirements:
Madison and Iron County residents 16 years of age or older:
- Proof of identity (e.g., valid driver’s license, state ID, school photo ID, passport, etc.).
- Proof of residence required if ID does not include a valid address (e.g., utility bill, fishing license, voter registration, etc.—must include name and physical address).
Residents between the ages of 5 and 18:
- Parent, grandparent, or guardian must have a valid library card and must accompany minor to co-sign registration form as the financially responsible party.
- Individuals between 16-18 years of age may register for a Limited Edition card without a parent or guardian signature—proof of identity and residence required.
Resident cards expire three years from the date of issue.
Out-of-County Registration Requirements:
- 16 years of age or older
- Must live in an adjacent county in Missouri
- Proof of identity
- $20.00/person paid at registration and renewal
Out-of-county library cards expire one year from date of issue.
- Copier—$0.25/copy: Limit of 50 copies/day
- Two-sided copies are $0.50/copy (count as two copies)
- Printer—$0.15/copy: Limit of 100 copies
- Two-sided printer copies are $0.30/copy (count as two copies)
- Fax—$2.00 first page and $1.00 for each additional page